Saturday, November 15, 2014

The trip summery

I did stop by my old school  in Abilene, Texas which is where I met people who put me on to Santa Barbara.  It was very cold but clear so walking around campus was limited.

A few last pictures taken (while driving about 75 mph) through Arizona .


The next few shots are of the "welcome home" decorations placed by my neighbors.  They really made my return home special.
 This last one was quite a surprise, since it was after dark & turning on the light, I saw this in my kitchen (this picture was taken the next day).

Home again & all the clean up starts.......

A most fun trip with a lot of family visits & many new sights seen.   Although I only had a general idea of my route with the exception of stops to see people, I was able to take in some unique attractions.

I was gone two months + two days and drove 9,819 miles.  My days "off" the road while staying with family totaled about 25 days, which means I covered some distance on the driving days!

Seeing the U S is no small task, since there is some much of it but it is amazing!

No other thoughts to share so ...............

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and share your story for those of us stuck at home. Great trip!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete