Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Trip North - Day 10/11

I spent a few days with my brother and got to see a little of the surrounding country.  He actually lives a little east of Winnemucca, out from a town named Golconda.  It is an agriculture and mining area.  There are some hills in the area as you will see.

Lots of sage brush and wide open land.  That is a plastic pipe plant in the distance which is near the farm where my brother Bill lives.
Every town has some claim to fame and Winnemucca`s is this "Gateway to the Pacific Northwest".  This is right downtown and is front of the "convention center".
On a drive around the country I saw this sign that has been a "target" for some time by the looks of it.  If it moves (or doesn`t) shoot first and ask questions later!
The land owner of the property where Bill lives, buys and sells old vehicles (including tractors) and they are all over the place.  I will include a few of the roughly 50-75 vehicles around the "farm" which is 100 + acres.
This is a real gem - a 1940s panel van that has had parts removed and will likely rust right where it sits.
Yes, there are also two fire engines that are right in the front "yard".  If you are interested in a nice fire engine, let me know and I can supply you with the address!!!!
I had to include one of the pictures were we set up a tripod and recorded getting together, which does not happen that often. 
Bill has his motor home inside a large metal building due to the extreme cold of the winters.  He cleared a place for me to pull my truck inside right beside his and most of the piles of "stuff" belong to the land owner.  At least there is a path to walk to the front door (behind me) but it is a dirt floor. 
Life on the "farm" is different that living in a city. 
After my visit it was time to get on the road and head southeast.
"On the road again"

No comments:

Post a Comment