Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 28 - 32 - Hanging out in Boulder, Co.

I arrived in Boulder, Co on Thursday June 30 and stayed with Theda Drake (a former neighbor of mine) through the holidays.  I was able to enjoy time with Theda and her family which was great since I would have have not been able to find a camping spot.  Being able to enjoy the beautiful city of Boulder and do some hiking was much fun. 
I even got to go out to a "real lumber yard" with her son Roger, who is a wood worker (as a hobby).  This business takes logs (all locally grown) and mills them into planks.  Very interesting.  I only wish I had room to bring back several pieces but......
I even got to see several fireworks displays and see the first few days of the Tour de France.  I hated to leave but the open road was calling.
Continued on Day 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment