Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 32 - Boulder, Co. - Glenwood Springs, Co.

Leaving Boulder I had hoped to ride into Rocky Mtn. National Park which is just to the northwest.  Actually my ride started in Estes Park (a small town just outside the park).

 When I arrived at the park it was about 11:00 AM and the weather was looking  good - but it became a little overcast but warm.  I was able to get 8 miles into the park (which starts at about 7,500` elevation and crests at about 12,000` elevation).  My goal was to make it to the crest and return to my truck but the weather did not play fair.  It started to rain and I had to turn around, barely getting back to my truck when the clouds really opened up.
I was able to get a few pictures on the way into the park.

As you can see in this picture the weather was not the best but I decided to try a ride anyway.  The next photo shows the weather just before I turned around.  Of course I kept riding until I felt rain drops for a few minutes.
After that I headed west along Hwy. 70 to Glenwood Springs and it rained most of the way but it washed the bugs off my camper / truck.  Is driving and taking pictures (in the rain) against the law?????
All of the rivers along the way were full and running fast.  Thankfully the rain stopped before I got to Glenwood Springs.
On to Day 33.........

No comments:

Post a Comment