Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Trip North - Day 7

Another day and more to see.......
I had never been up to Glacier Point which overlooks the Yosemite Valley.  It also is an excellent place to view Half Dome from almost the same elevation.
Just to the right of Half Dome is another view of Clouds Rest (the small dark ridge next to the peak). 
Above is a wider look at the country to the right of Half Dome.  It shows Vernal (elevation 5,044` almost in the shade below) & Nevada (elevation 5,907`) Falls above to the right.  These are on the hike we made several years ago to the top of Half Dome. 
Looking around to the left I got this picture of upper & lower Yosemite Falls.  There is a good flow on both now but in the spring they really increase.
Just in case you were thinking that I was home and having some else take these pictures, no I was there.  What would a trip be if I couldn`t get someone to take my picture in front on something recognizable?

After that I headed for the valley and some more fall colors.
These two pictures above are on the valley drive which really was beautiful. 

As I started to leave the valley on my way back east across the park, I could not help one last picture of the fall colors along Crane Creek. 
I then drove over the high country and back east to Hwy. 395.  I found a great campground up Lundy Canyon just north of Mono Lake.  The Aspen trees were stunning.
Having toooo much fun.  Hasta La Vista, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment