Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Trip North - Day 8

I woke up beautiful day here in Lundy Canyon.  The area was so quite last night that I was not disturbed until the birds started in around 7:00.  This campground is a jewel and this time of year nearly deserted.
 
For $12.00 a day (no discounts for seniors) it is a great place and it has bathrooms.  The evening before I spent some time visiting with a couple from Germany who were camper near the campground entrance.  Very enjoyable since they had a fire and had invited me for drinks (I brought my own, a bicycle water bottle).  They were traveling around the states  for a month in a small (rented) motor home and the husband spoke good English (that was nice since I do not speak any German). 
I spent a hour taking more pictures in the canyon before heading to the Mono Lake visitor`s center parking lot near Lee Vining to catch up on my blog.
This was my camp spot which is in from the gravel road through the cmpground.  Shaded, which would be great in the summer but meant it was cold in this "fall" morning.  I could see my breath inside the camper before I turned on the heater.  Great sleeping weather though.
The ground is covered with Aspen leaves and they make a beautifully colored carpet.

At about 8:00 it was still cool enough to have on several layers.  All of these Aspen trees had already dropped their leaves but are beautiful in their way.  I had my own path into the trees which lead to a nice creek that lulled me to sleep.
And there it is, my own little creek with a collection of fall leaves in the middle.
Above is some more of the great Aspen trees getting ready for winter.  Below is the same shot but with my glasses clip-on in front of the lense.  As I was driving, this what I would see but when I went to take the picture it was different, now I know why......... No brains, no headackes.
While parked in the visitors lot, catching up on my blog, another "Four Wheel Pop Up" camper came by and we compared note on the rigs.  His is about 3-4 years old and it was interesting to see the changes since then.  His is a little shorter due to a full crew cab truck but it is wider since his is a full size vehicle. 
Well, I think that is enough blogging for one day.  At least I am cought up, so I can remember where I have been. 
Tomorrow I might be headed to my brother`s place in northern Neveda and might take a few days off  from blogging.  After that, I am planning to visit Great Basin National Park in east central Nevada.

For now I will say goodby and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment