Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Canada Trip - 7-16

Today I decided to get my bicycle out and ride the great bike path that connects many of the Covered Bridges.  It also goes for about 14 miles up around Dorena Lake which is east of town.  I was not content with that so I found a road that went up into a BLM (Bureau of Land Management) forest for another 15 miles.  That was enough, especially by the time I got back (working against a head wind) but it was worth the push.
The bicycle path was away from the road and was a perfect surface to ride.  The day was a little overcast and 20% chance of rain but the temp. was just right.  This next shot is looking out over the lake (facing west).
The only "wild life" I saw was this 1.5 foot long snake, sunning it`s self on the path.  I stopped to get this picture and decided to leave when it started to hiss at me.  There were no "rattles" on the tail so I was reasonably sure it was not a danger to me.
On my ride I found this wooded creek at the turn-around point on my ride.  A beautiful area.
One more look at the bicycle path on the way back to my truck.
This neat old barn was just off  the bicycle path.
That`s all that is worth including for now.  I am off to Crater Lake (again) to hopefully drive around the entire roadway (I assume that the snow is now cleared).
Adios Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment