Saturday, October 11, 2014

Canada, day two! / actual date 9-26-14

This is my blog for Sept. 26 th.    I decided to drive northeast going through Toronto & my planned stop for the night was Charleston Lake provincial park which is south of Ottawa, Ontario.  The drive along the north side of Lake Ontario to where the St. Lawrence Seaway begins was through rolling country. 
Enjoying seeing the country, I drove on through to Charleston Lake which turned out to be a beautiful park.  But I will let you judge for yourself.

The park is on just part of a large lake system & has swimming, canoes & hiking.  This next view shows part of the lake and some of the fall colors.
Next is a look at the swimming area and some canoes (to the right) by one of the many islands on the lake.
It has nice camp sites complete with electrical hookups & nice tree shade cover.  Home sweet home.
Nice hiking trails.

And for those of us who do not have much of a fall (lots of leaves on the ground) a look at the side of one the roadways in the park.
As I was getting ready to leave (no pun intended), I noticed this view of my truck with some fall colors reflected in the window.
Time to hit the road with a new collection of bugs (not really visible) on the front of truck & camper.
That`s all

No comments:

Post a Comment