Saturday, October 18, 2014

Visiting Family / actual date 10-6-14

My first stop in a real house - New Jersey!  I got to spend some time with family and sleep in a real bed.  I was fun seeing my great nephew & great niece along with their parents.
A stop in the action for a picture Stephanie, Donovan (age 5), Elyse (age 2) & me.  

They are bundles of energy but so adorable.  I stayed with them for  4-5 days & ended up picking up some "bug".  I was still able to get out and walk around their neighborhood checking out the houses.  I forget about the trees & plants that thrive back here.  Here are some of the homes near by.



This last one is converted old train depot the is now a private residence.  They kept the old depot sign up which really completes the look.
Talk about old, these next few pictures are at a cemetery a short walk away.  I was interested in some of the head stones, as you can see it has been around for a while!




Sorry if those are a little to morbid for you but I found them interesting.

On a lighter note, dinner time is always fun when kids are around!
And so after a great visit in New Jersey, I headed south on the New Jersey Turnpike which is a "fun" drive.  After about 5 hours of that and the Capitol Beltway (around Washington, DC), I landed in Great Falls, Va. (near Dullas International Airport, a little northwest of Washington).  I stayed with my sister, her husband & their three dogs (one border collie mix & two corgis).

Very relaxing and another comfortable (real) bed.  Hanging out and staying up late then getting up late was just right.  Above the two corgis took refuge in my room while the vac. was being used.  they are really good at relaxing.

 These are better pictures of the herd.

More adventures in Virginia next time, so ta,ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment