Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Time to hit the road again

I have been visiting with family for the last two weeks in Virginia  now it is time to hit the road & head south.  The weather is cooling off & I have a few people / places to stop on the way home.

I have been helping to install a new front door their house here which is a project that has been on the "burner" for a few years.  A decision was made as to which new "pre-hung" door fit the design.  It was a little out of the norm for me since the weather calls for a steel door which is new to me.  It is installed & my sister is in the process of installing the outside trim.  I was only "contracted" to help with the installation phase so now I can resume my drive south.  Here a few pictures of the old door & the new one.

This is the  original door that is about 34 years old & is also a metal door.

The new door from inside which is more of Craftman style door & less glass.  There is also new inside trim to be installed.
Two of the dogs were out back taking in the almost 80 degree weather a few days ago.  I will miss their welcome in the morning.
Planning on driving to Monticello which is near Charlottesville, Va. tomorrow and then south.....

That is all since I still need to pack and it is 8:00 P M.


No comments:

Post a Comment