Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 2 - Up at the crack of dawn - 8:00 am

Leaving from home on Day 1.  On the road by 7:08 which not to bad for an old retired guy.  My good neighbors came over to record the moment.



This is the spot I found on a dirt road to spend the first night.  Very quiet and only the birds for company.



Got off Hwy. 40 to drive some of old Hwy. 66.  I discovered these signs and a little town of Seligman which they say is the "Birth place of Hwy 66".  Who am I to dispute their claim.

                                      
Back on Hwy. 40 headed for Sedona by way of road south to Prescott.  I found a gravel side road along the way that headed up a mountain that looked like fun.  At the top is this great little campground for only $10 a night, which is perfect for a poor pensioner.  Since I am not on a shedule, I decided to spend the night.  It is about 6500` elevation and has comanding view of the town Cottonwood which is between Prescott and Sedona.  The only problem about staying here is there is no store near so it looks like peanut butter & jelly for dinner - no downside there.

No comments:

Post a Comment