Saturday, June 4, 2011

On the road at last

I was able to leave town Saturday at 7:08 A M and after driving all day am just west of Williams, AZ.  It is late and I am setup on a small side road behind some junipers.  I will post some pictures tomarrow since it is now about 9:00 P M and I am tired. 
My truck and camper performed perfectly although I am driving with the big rigs going up the hills.  I decided to hold about 60 mph to get use to the way my truck handles.  So far I am averaging 15.5 mpg which is not to bad considering all of the stuff I packed in my "home on wheels"
I got off Interstate 40 and drove for a while on old Highway 66 (some pictures of the signs that I will post on Sunday.
The good stuff starts on Sunday: Sedona; Sunset Crater Valcano National Mont. & Montezuma Castle Nat. Mont.
Day 1 in the books
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment