Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day24 - Nathrop, Co, - Lake George, Co.

This was a driving day and there were only a few interesting things along the way. 

First was Wilkerson Pass (elevation 9,507`) on Hwy 24 (west of Colorado Springs).  It was a high enough point (great reception) to do some catching up on my blog.  It also has a good view south to the Sangre De Cristo Mtns.
This is an attempt at a panorama with some snow covered mountains in the distance (I do not know if you can enlarge them).  The contrast is a little light but you get the idea.
You know that it is a slow picture day when I start showing you road side signs!  The name of the National Forest is a hint at where I am headed in a few days).  Oh well, you get what you pay for......
I passed by a yard where they were pre-fabricating log houses, so I had to turn around and stop to have a look.  Unfortunately the crew was leaving as I approached, so I had to be content with pictures over the fence.
This last on shows the notching of a log that I think would be the top plate on a wall and would receive the logs that will makeup the roof.  But what do I know......
At the end of the day I found a quiet little campground (run by the Forest Service so $7.00 / night) just south of Lake George (which you might not be able to find on a map - still west of Colorado Springs).  I had 21 spaces and only three campers (including me) so it was very quiet - Oh Yea!
Enough for this day.
Toot-a-loo

No comments:

Post a Comment