Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Canada Trip - Friday 6-22

A quiet & restfull night at Sproat Lake Provincial Park.  I had been told about a base for one of the worlds largest fire fighting planes also at Sproat Lake.  So I had to go check it out, since I was right there.  As It turned out the base was right around the corner from the park.  The next morning I drove there but it was closed.  Still I got some pictures.
As you can see the size compaired to the fuel tanker truck to the left.  This picture was taken through the fence.

The other plane anchored out in the water.  They are able to scoop water while crusing across a lake.

Something I had to get use to was thinking in Km/h instead of MPH.  Luckly I noticed the speedometer on my truck also had the metric indications for kilometers/hour.  This one was in the campground. 
More driving than picture taking, so that it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment