Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Canada Trip - Thursday 6-14

I have been spending time around Vashon Island (small island just southwest of Seattle) and in the Seattle area with a very good friend.  This day we went over to Seattle and walked around the Seattle Center which is the site of the 1962 Worlds Fair.  It seemed approiate since this is the 50th year celebration of the fair. 
This is of course the space needle with the revolving resturant at the top. The next is a poster about a meeting devoted to the next 50 years for the Center.
Below is a bronze sculpture of an octopus on a large rock - I thought it was cool!

After that we headed down to the famous Pike Street Market near the waterfront.  You may recognise the sign from the movie "Sleepless in Seattle".   It is famous for the venders including the "flying fish" stand.
For those of you about my nieghbor`s cat Mocca, who hangs out with me in my yard, this will come as no supprise.  There is a cat where my friend on Vashon Island lives who I got to know and is a sucker for attension.  I will let you be the judge of that.
I was just standing there looking at the great view over the water and plop, there was the cat.  What can I say, I am a sucker for cats (as long as it belongs to someone else).
That all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment