Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Canada Trip - Sunday - Tuesday 6-24 to 6-26

As soon as I landed in Vancouver it was pouring rain, so I drove.  I was heading northeast toward Jasper in the Canadian Rockies but.....  I  found out that with all the rain and snow melting the rivers were overflowing.  Along with that there were a lot of road flooded or rockslides blocking them.  This changed my route, as you can imagine. 
It was recomended that I go down close to the US border (but still in Canada) and go east.  The hope is that the roads from above Montana (in Canada) would be open when I got there......
On Tuesday I finally was headed north to Baniff, British Columbia and ran into a torrential rain / hail & wind storm.  It was so bad I could not see to drive or hear myself think.  I was afraid that if I did get up to the parks, I might get stuck.  There was much more rain forcasted and that sealed the deal for me.  I turned around and headed south and back into the US. 
During the time I was in Canada I could not get my internet connection so I "went dark" as far as the blog.
No pictures, sorry but the driving was to intense with the rain and all!
I will make admends with the pictures I took while driving through Glacier Nat. Park - in Montana.  But that is tomorrow`s blog.  TTFM 

No comments:

Post a Comment