Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Canada Trip - Wednesday 6-20

Two ferry rides and half a day latter, I ended up at Anacortes, Wa. (which is just east of the San Juan Islands).  This is my jumping off place to take a ferry to Vancouver Island, Canada.  I spent the night in Anacortes at Washington Park which is a city park with lots of great RV camping spots.  It is right near the ferry terminal, which is good since my ship was leaving at 8:15 A.M. sharp (I had to be there one hour early)!  A required picture of my truck/camper on the ferry comming over to Anacortes along with a tractor.  Sorry Phil but I do not know what type of tractor this is.


One the drive to Anacortes I stopped at Deception Pass, which is a high bridge between two parts of the islands.  First a view from the middle of the bridge and then a shot from down at the beach barely visible through the trees(in this first shot) at the lower left.
Ok, one more picture from the bridge looking just to the right showing the beautiful coastline.
Last but not least is my camp that night in Washington Park.  You may notice the I postioned my laptop with my screen saver (Mocca the cat) on the back so I could say she was traveling with me.  The woods of this "park" made me think I was in the wilds somewhere.  Notice the moss on the north side of the trees.
A quiet night since there was only one other camper nearby.  Amazingly it was the same type of camper as mine (Four Wheel Camper) and they were from Calif. - what the chances.  Of course we had to compare "rigs".
Tomorrow Canada, if they let me in!  That`s enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment